My Blog List

Thursday, April 25, 2013

Physical Therapy.. nahh


Along with my illness problems I attend physical therapy to prevent breakdown of my body in the future. Now when I go to the physical therapist I have great intentions of trying to improve my strength and follow their instructions. One problem still lies ahead, they are boring and seem pointless.

Last night my mom reminds me of an appointment in Iowa City. I figured it was one of my follow up appointments for another problem I have due to Ehler Danlos Syndrome. No this appointment had to be for my physical therapist. I instantly go running into my room and grab my exercise list. Whenever I have a follow up they check to see my progress. These exercises haven’t been touched since the day I got them!

My therapist can limit my activity for sustainable living. Earlier this year he suspended me from cheerleading because I wasn’t strong enough to perform. Today is the appointment to see if he will take off my restrictions so I can participate in activities. My mouth literally dropped to the floor when my mom told my where I was going. I need to find a quick solution to my problem. This solution needed to occur in twelve hours as well.

Solution #1) I quickly review them so I know what is happening and I can bull shit my way through the meeting. This will then make Mike think I have been completing them and I will be cleared.

Solution #2) I tell him the truth and pray to god he will release me. I mean honesty is the best policy isn’t it?

As I ponder my options I tell my mother. She breaks the news that she will tell him no matter what so I then begin to beg her to not tell him. Whats my next move? Bribe her of course! So I promised to buy her a peanut buster parfait for her tomorrow, with my own money. Did she fall for it? Hell no… I have looped holed the best I can (might I say I do it very well). So fingers crossed I can trick my therapist and he isn’t reading my blog right now… opppss (Hi Mike)

No comments:

Post a Comment