My Blog List

Saturday, April 13, 2013

Letter to heaven


Dear Grandpa,

                My last few weeks have been hell. I have been through anger, tears, depression, loneliness, loss, and grief.  My brain never shuts down. I am consoling mom, taking care of kaleigh, and holding in my feelings. After I found out you were gone my world stopped. I felt crushed and like a piece of my heart had fallen off. You were loving, funny, and finally starting to come to my activities. Why did you want to leave me and go somewhere else?

                You were so proud of me making Happiness this year. We started to bond over show choir and you truly enjoyed coming and watching me preform. My performance at Kennedy you couldn’t make it to because you had to work and you promised you would come to my going out concert in May. Why did you break my promise? You swore you were going to be there to see my shining face on the stage that you had become to love.

                I am growing up and we just talked about my graduation and eighteenth birthday coming up. The feeling of pride that overcame you that I was going to graduate made me so proud to be your granddaughter. Your enthusiasm towards my high academic achievements always pushed me to continue trying even when I wanted to give up. I am almost an adult and about to become a young woman. My wedding would soon be around the corner and you were going to be there for me, seeing me create my future. Great-grandchildren were in your future to play with just like you did with me. Why did you not want to witness my future that is laying ahead of me?

                What am I left with now? I am always upset and try and hold it in. I cry when no one is around and then curse you out. If you were here I would hit you and then hug you so much. The only thought that runs through my mind was did you not think of me? You were always there for me and promised to continue to be. Did you not imagine the pain I would feel, the guilt that would overcome me, the overwhealming amount of greif I will feel. I cannot handle hearing the words death or kill me. We sing songs in choir that make me choke up every time we sing them. I am singing a solo that makes me feel that I am singing to you. I was so looking forward to you being at that concert to cheer me on.

                All that I wish is that I could have known what was going on in your mind. Why you didn’t take one second to analyze the situation. It was so vivid and painful. Walking through your house feels wrong, and thinking of how it happened is wrong. I have nightmares of you falling on the bed and screaming out in pain. You are asking for help and once it happened you were wanting to take It back. I have completely transformed into a new person who is cold and hollow. I can feel no emotions except sadness. I fake being happy for others to see. I want to be able to know the logic behind your thinking.

Please, pretty please give me some answers so I will feel better.

With all my love,

Your granddaughter Karlie

No comments:

Post a Comment