My Blog List

Thursday, April 18, 2013

High school is ending


The idea of growing up is finally sinking in. We all look forward to the idea of maturing and becoming an adult. When were little we all tunnel vision for the idea of being in high school which is made out to be the best days of your life. Supposedly filled with friends, boyfriends, dances, parties, and endless fun. As I am now about to close the book to my high school era it is making me see the sadness that I rushed into being in high school when I shouldn’t have.

Last week I sang for my last tryout ever to be in show choir. I have been under the insane pressure of trying out since I was in third grade. Every year brings along new emotions and worries.  As I finished singing my patriotic song I could breath and be proud of the voice I have become. Walking out of the choir room I felt and overwhelming sense of pride over what I have accomplished. Then as I see my best friend throughout show choir I began to feel sad. We both hit the realization that this is ending.

In the coming week I will be auditioning to be a returning varsity cheerleader. When I started high school that was all I wanted to do. I have achieved my goals and now know I will never do anything like this ever again. The golden days are ending and it is paying its toll on me. I am excited to be the senior who is on top of the so called “high school pyramid” but on the other hand that means you’ve reached the final stretch. I am about to cross the finish line of my high school career.

I have hit the wall of reality as well knowing that I now am going to have to be self-sufficient. I will be graduating high school and now venturing into college, a new world where you will float or sink. I need to keep a strong head on my shoulders and not let myself fall into peer pressure. I cannot crumble I need to rise above.  I am beginning to see my life flash before my eyes and now wish I would have taken the chance to value the little things in life while I could when I was little. One day they will be gone and I will wish I could take it all back and redo it. Cherish the moment you have because they will soon be gone.

No comments:

Post a Comment