My Blog List

Saturday, April 13, 2013

The dish on the ACT


                The ACT too many is the determining factor for your future. For others it is the stressor of a lifetime. As I approached taking this test I could not feel but many emotions. I was nervous, anxious, scarred, and sad. Why these emotions you may ask? Well ill let you know. Nervous, I was nervous because I would be taking the test for the first time ever and I had not experienced it before. Anxious because I wanted to receive a high score and build a strong base for my future. Extremely scarred that the test would make me want to stab my eye balls out. Finally, sad because it means high school is almost over for me.

                As I approached my testing room full of silence and strict rooms I seemed to relax a little. Even though my heart was beating away like no other I still felt the calmness comes over me. The test were not hard but were semi horrid. They take forever and make me fall asleep as I am reading the passage. Especially during the written expression when the passages were of no relevance to any matter and the grammatical errors were tortures. What is the difference between Its, It’s, Its’? Will someone please explain to me! I had at least five questions over the same concept. We finally move on to the math portion of the test and may I say.. mind blown! I studied and took the practice tests for the math section and was still the major confused. It was barley any algebra and was consumed with geometry which I never learned. Once that torture is over we only get a ten minute break in between! Like hello people I am a fatty who consistently eats so the break was not long enough!

                Testing resumes with long as hell readings that can make me go insane and rip all of my hair out. Science may I say was the worst portion of the test. I had to evaluate so many graphs that I stopped even reading the studies being conducted because they were taking too long. As the overachiever that I am I did take the writing portion. I feel it was very beneficial to me because I knew the topic and could answer it well.

                The only hope that I hold out is that I scored a 26 or higher. If I can accomplish that goal I will be able to finally be done with the ACT and never see that horrid test ever again!

No comments:

Post a Comment