My Blog List

Sunday, October 14, 2012

Rainy day..


Rain. Oh what can I say about the rain. Well first why don’t I let you know why im talking about rain. It keeps raining! I feel like we will be drowning and float away pretty soon because the rain keep on a coming!

The rain can be a beautiful thing. It helps put me to sleep at night. I love going to bed hearing the pitter patter of the rain coming down on my roof and hearing it run through the gutters. Its such a soothing noise that it can calm anyone of anything down. You just feel like it nurtures you to sleep and it is easy to let yourself go. Rain waters the flowers and makes all of the amazing and abundant things around us grow. Without the rain our world would look like a desert. The earth is our canvase and the rain is the paint. The rain can be romantic. In many movies kissing in the rain is the girls ideal fairytale and when it rains I always think of this. The rain gives me an excuse to want to grab a blanket, put on sweatpants, pull my hair back and watch a love movie. To put on the fire place on and take a nice nap. When the gloomy rainy day comes around it also signifies that some good food is around the corner. My mom  will get up and pull out the pot and I know whats coming. Its chili and corn bread night! The house will be super warm and filled with amazing smells. The rain brings up many great memories that I have had throughout life and will continue on forever.

On the other hand the rain can be a downer. I hate waking up and realizing that my plans for the days are over. The rain gets me in the worst mood sometimes. I would like to just sleep the whole day with all of the lights off. It makes it all gloomy and cold. The puddles you can step in and having to run to the car trying to not get your hair wet. It can make your whole day just drop. I just feel like I am in a bad mood and cannot get myself out of it. The rain can melt away my day into nothing and create the debby downer of the day.

No comments:

Post a Comment