My Blog List

Sunday, October 21, 2012

BLANKET AND A BUCKET OF GUMMIE WORMS


The Lucky One. It is a captivating movie based on a book that can captivate you even more. As I was snuggled under my comforter and eating sour gummies I was taken in by a mystical wonderful romance that would make any girl laugh, cry, and think of their future. I am always the first to want to look at these movies and feel like you are taken away into the romance these people share. They have triumphs and tribulations but always make it through.

They can survive through anything and any optical that will get in the way.  Through parents dyeing, ex-husbands, and post traumatic stress disorder the lovers Beth and Logan make it through it all. I watch them start out not feeling anything at all, just a mere working relationship. They then one night have the Hollywood scripted kiss, when she hesitates and he grabs her in and they kiss for a long time. You can feel the love between them and that all tensions are released. I cannot help but smile when I see this occur. My own heart races and my mind runs through my life to the time that I had a kiss like this. They then have the time when they break up and cannot stop thinking of each other. Then comes the one faithful day when the damsel in distress needs her hero to come and save the day. He makes everything all right and they have that intense moment once again. It takes them back to the old times that they had and they are going to turn out alright.

I would love to everyday sit down and watch a classic love story, snuggle in a blanket by the fireplace, and eat a tub of ice cream but the truth is that’s not healthy. The movies that are my favorite just make me realize that its not true. They fill girls mind with a load of bullshit that will not occour. Look at our world today. Parents are getting divorced, people are in bad situations, and love is overlooked. Not everything will turn out like a movie because live is NOT  a movie. Its life, and life is not the fairytale it is made out to be. After I cry and then want to jump in the movies world I remind myself that movies are made to provoke those emotions and that’s exactly what they do.

No comments:

Post a Comment