My Blog List

Sunday, October 28, 2012

Happy halloween!


Halloween is one of the most prestigious holidays known to kids. We get to wear elaborate costumes and stay out late and get lots of candy. This was the time when sugar comas are allowed and all day we cannot sit down because we are so excited. During the school day you have a Halloween party and watch movies and eat popcorn. Then you come home and off you are until bed!

When I was little I always had the big bucket that was ready to be filled. We would go to the mall, hit up the neighborhood, and then go to my friends neighborhoods. In my step-grandmas neighborhood we would always go to last and if you go anywhere around there you need a pillow case. All that is handed out is king size candy bars and lots of sweets. Then we would all hang out as a family and talk while us kids jump on the beds in the basement. These were some of the best times of my life and I will never forget.

We begin to grow up and Halloween turns into something different. The costumes and candy remain but in a different manner. Instead of going to houses we all stay at each other’s. We watch scary movies and hangout listening to music by the bonfire. Drinking monsters instead of eating candy and ordering a million pizzas to eat. These make the memories I will never forget. We still do dress up and don’t have a problem with it the costumes still stay.

One thing I don’t really agree with when we mature with age is how Halloween can mature. Many parties are held but not that kind of parties. It is involving drinking, parting, and drugs. The costumes aren’t cute anymore they become slutty and just something to get the guys to look at you. The whole night means something completely different. The innocent fun is gone and now it is just a party.

Now that I have a sister that is still in the stage of little kid trick or treating the difference is clear to me. I enjoy Halloween at both times but it scares me to imagine the day that my sister is grown up and will be doing the same. I want her to stay little and always enjoy the innocence of Halloween.

No comments:

Post a Comment