My Blog List

Sunday, March 10, 2013

Happiness will live forever


Happiness Incorporated was founded in 1967. I was still a twinkle in my parent’s eyes at that time. Little did I know that when Happiness was founded I would find my calling that would help me find amazing people, give me courage, and always have someone to fall back on. I am eternally grateful to be a part of such a great organization with great people.

In fourth grade I was in Madison Blues at my elementary school. We would go to Kennedy and preform at their Cocoa and Carols benefit concert in the winter. Happiness theme was Toledo Surprise, and from that day on I became obsessed. My dream had been to be in Happiness and preform like the kids involved. I was awe struck. Flash forward to this year, I was blessed to be cast in this year’s show. My dream was becoming reality. Little did I know when I was in fourth grade that being a member of Happiness meant much more than preforming for an audience.

Happiness is a family. We spend more time together than we do with our actual families. We support each other through any issues that arise and in the end will always be together. I have never felt more comfortable with one group of people in my life. We share personal feelings through problems we may face and are always staying strong with each other. When we experienced turmoil this year we didn’t give up we stood strong and fought for what we believed in.

When we are preforming you feel the emotions that the group is having occur. Yesterday was the end of Happiness 2012/2013. It came by way to quick and now it is sinking in. I may not ever see the friends I have made again. Preforming the ballad made me cry. The ideas of never walking alone stand true to the group and we have made bonds no one else can experience. As we are crying in sync we have hit the reality of It coming to an end.

Show choir in the grand scheme of life is not important. But I do feel that it teaches us good lessons we will carry for the rest of our lives. We learn to work with others, how to create bonds, work through problems, stand up for others, have self-confidence, feel emotions, and create long lasting relationships. I have learned so much from this group that I would have never experienced in a normal daily life. I am blessed to be in a group with so many caring people who will always be there.

No comments:

Post a Comment