My Blog List

Sunday, March 10, 2013

Growing up


I recently have experienced the feeling of being slapped across the face, ice cubes down the shirt, or having cold water dumped on you. Pick which ever you choose but I now am hitting the realization of maturation and I do not enjoy the rude awakening. I am not a little girl anymore and I am now beginning to be faced with the burdens of growing up.

When I was little all I wanted to do was grow up and become an adult, now that it is faced right in front of me I am terrified. I have to make decisions that will alter my future and some I don’t know the answer. I will have struggles and will make mistakes that I will have to learn from. I am now in charge of my future and need to be responsible. I now that I am almost done with high school want to be the baby again. I would like to be able to rely on my parents and go back in time. 

I am now going to embark on a journey to determine my future. Who will I marry? What will my occupation be? Will I have children? Will I be poor? Will I love? Who will I lose? I am now beginning to become overwhelmed with this feeling on worry. I need to evaluate the here and now to be prepared for the future. So I now contemplate what I have been doing to see what can occur.

I wish I could view my many paths to choose the right one but that’s what life is all about. Taking risks and making mistakes. I hold my future in my hands. It is all up to me and I know that I can find my way to make them a reality. When I was born I was giving the right to life, love, and the pursuit of happiness. I am on the pursuit and lets hope I can reach it. There’s no guarantee that this life is easy, but I am hoping for the best.  So stay strong, love often, and learn lots. Protect the ones you love and make sure to live life to the fullest. Never look back and wonder and make sure to take chances. After all you never know what can happen.

No comments:

Post a Comment