My Blog List

Friday, December 14, 2012

Fifty shades of grey


Recently I have read the book Fifty Shades of Grey. Every adult had advised me against reading this book because it is classified as an erotic romance novel that depicts the ideas of sexual content I should not be reading. I went against all of the advisements I had received and decided to read the book. I feel that inside all of the books that can come across in this manner are an underlying story line that can teach lessons and show love.

As I dive into the book you cannot put it down. It completely consumed me into the idea of this whole relationship between the dominant and submissive life. The life of being a dominant sounds pretty extravagant and somewhat tiring. The dominant in this role is that he has lots of money, all of the power, and can command around his submissive. The submissive is the other gender and they have to agree to accepting extravagant gifts, being called over whenever, calling the dominant sir, and doing whatever they want during sex. To make this whole agreement final they have to sign a contract to make it official and that no one can find out. Under the whole agreement Christian Grey is realizing that he is actually opening up to Anastasia Steele and might like her. He agrees to make love and not sex and is telling her about his past. She has met his family and also slept in his bed. Christian is now getting very confused because he has never felt this way about a woman. This whole relationship is now being looked at in a different way.

Anastasia learns to play the game and can now pull Grey around too. They do I will admit have very rough and somewhat kinky sex but at the same point it has this underlying sense of love. As a teenager who has heard everything and anything about sex in high school I longed for this kind of love. They can have the sex to pleasure each other but can also have the sex to get the joy of love. Love can be amazing and you can show it in many ways. The people that read this book can make a connection to these characters and will long for what they have. Overall the book is a well written and greatly thought out idea. I would recommend this book to all mature audiences that can handle it.

2 comments: