My Blog List

Friday, December 14, 2012

Banana yellow nation!


Happiness jackets are the banana yellow tradition that runs through the halls at Kennedy. You know something involving show choir is occurring because the halls will be filled with the sea of yellow. We all have looked forward to the day that we could customize our jacket and wear it proudly. We get to decorate them with all of our accomplishment and ideas of ourselves. By the time you hit the senior year your jacket is covered. At competitions while you preform younger members of Kennedy show choir wear your jacket cheering you on in the crowd. It is a great feeling to know that someone is representing you.

Ever since I was a little girl I wanted to become a part of Happiness Inc. I sat on the baby risers at the Cocoa and Carols concert and looked forward to the day that I can sing Rudolph to the little kids and then I can perform for all of the little kids. I watched the year that the show Toledo Surprise came out and I was addicted. Since second grade I had dreamt of the day to be in Kennedys show choirs. Once I had joined the idea of a revolutionary show choir I could not be stopped. I now cannot be taken away from the idea of my second family and the love of my life. I have worked my way up the ladder and to the best level of show choir I can reach. I passed through the levels and now in my junior year made it to the most epic show choir ever.

Happiness does not just represent the yellow jackets with dangling medals and the loud voices. We represent unity and the joy of sharing our voices for everyone to hear. We show that show choir is hard work. We practice twice a week and have it as a class. We dedicate our weekends to working hard and preforming our butts off. We represent Kennedy and make us known as Americas favorite show choir. We take pride in the thought of others enjoying our show. When someone tells us they forgot they were watching show choir and thought they were in the show is the best.

Throughout it all we find in the end that we may win and we may lose but no matter what we will always be a team and a family that will strive for the best.

No comments:

Post a Comment