My Blog List

Friday, December 14, 2012

Being sick sucks..


That one morning when you’re alarm goes off and you just can’t get out of bed. I had that day and it was not fun. I had the sore throat and cough that I couldn’t get over. My body was hurting and I let the alarm ring on because I was too sore to get out of bed. Instead of being enthused that I get to have a day off and stay at home I have worried thoughts rush into my mind. I have so much school work I will have to make up in this one day missed and getting ready for tests. I am also missing show choir and I am now going to have to make up choreography,

I go to the doctor and then find out I have to stay at home until I can be fever free for 48 hours and can function. This sucks @$$ what am I going to do! You can email your teachers to get work but you still can never fully get the teaching you would get in school. So now I will be way more behind than all of the other kids. I also start thinking of all the secret Santa things I need to get done and all the parties I am going to miss. My brain is on overload.

I think back to the elementary school days when I would get sick and then wouldn’t have to worry about making up school. I could lay in bed and watch tv and play games while my mom would take care of me. I could lounge around for days upon days and the school didn’t mind. Those were the days of chicken noodle soup and ice cream all day long. My grandma would come over and bring me activities to do and snuggle all day.

We all end up growing up and now we realize the joys of growing up. We can’t enjoy those little sick days we have to fight through them. Many kids at my age come to school even when they are super sick just to not miss the work. I am sure this is how I ended up getting sick because others didn’t want to miss the work either. I would say that in high school we should be cut some slack by our teachers for being sick because it does happen and we all cannot help it.

1 comment:

  1. Oh my gosh, I hate missing school when I'm sick. I always end up with a ton of makeup work

    ReplyDelete