My Blog List

Sunday, December 2, 2012

Christmas time!


Twenty three days. That’s the official countdown until Christmas is here. This whole year I feel is flying by and its almost over. Whenever I hit Christmas time frame I know it’s time to be happy! We get to end first term with a break, come back to school and have a half day, then leave for Christmas!

I feel the time of Christmas just brings everyone together. People cares more, give more, and love more. We all feel the need to be there for others. The memories start flowing back and traditions are brought back up. These are the best memories that will stay around for the rest of your life.

Every year at the beginning of December we put up the Christmas tree for a day. Drinking hot chocolate, and singing Christmas songs. Ever since I was a little girl we always play the Cheetalishous Christmas CD and I know all the songs by heart. My sister wears the Christmas tree skirt around her waist and we wear Santa hats. My dad brings up the million boxes of Christmas stuff and mom gives the lecture of not making the house look like Santa threw up on it. As we are getting ready for the day of fun we can smell sugar cookies in the oven.

Once the tree is assembled we pull out all of the ornaments we put on and remember all of the memories we have had with them. Some funny and some sad but it is still a great time to have together with the family. We sit in a circle and lay them out. Finally it is time to put them on. We all argue about where to put them because I want mine on the top and so does my sister. (I always win  though because she is so short)

Once the tree is finished we have the most beautiful angel tree topper to put on. I picked it out when I was a little girl and I have always placed it on the tree. My mom would lift me up so I could reach and as I got older I could stand on the side of the couch and place it on. This year was the first year that my sister was old enough to comprehend that i was putting the tree topper on. We got into a huge fight that ended in laughter and we now have to alternate years of putting it on the tree. Even though we argue about where we put ornaments or tree toppers I still remember every memory with my family at this time of year.

No comments:

Post a Comment