My Blog List

Sunday, September 30, 2012

When the leaves fall i fall.


Fall time is known for the beauty of the leaves and the traditions it brings. To me fall signifies being at the top of the world. When I was a little girl every fall season my mom would take me Downtown to get almond bark from a little candy store where she went when she was a little girl too. We would ride around in the car and look at the leaves all through out Ellis Park. Stopping by the water to enjoy our snack we would then continue on to running through the leaves and walking on trails we never knew of.  We would always say that the trees looked like a quilt made up of yellows, oranges, and reds, with a little hint of green. As my mom would say, “When I was  young I would want to stand on top of those trees and touch the sky.”

Yesterday was the beginning of me being back on the top of the world. We get up to the cool morning air, leaving to go run some errands like a typical day. Im not feeling the greatest, had a lot of things on my mind, and was just tired. We stop at Starbucks and I know the day is going to get better. A pumpkin spice latte makes any fall day and to make it better we went to Ellis Park. I felt like a little kid again. Cool breeze, warm drink in hand, and reminiscing on the past like it was the best times of my life. At that instant everything was surrene and okay. No problems, fears, or doubts. It was like I was completely consumed in this perfect universe.

As we are driving along I see a leave fall. I think of myself as a leave, or life as a leave. You mature and grow learning throughout your life. You make close friends and have heart breaks. Overcome challenges and are comforted through the rough ones. You go through all of these hoops to do what? Fall. The leave comes tumbling down, flowing like this was its purpose. The leave matured and grew, and now was dying. Yet seemingly I felt that the leave is content with leaving. He lived through his purpose in life and now is letting another generation blossom to do the same.

What was the leaves purpose? To inspire me, to create memories, and signify peace. In that instant I was transferred back in time, to when the world was different and everything was calm. Showing that I can make it through anything and that everything will be alright. So this fall I climbed to the tops of those trees just like my mother said and I was on top of the world.

2 comments:

  1. That's some deep thoughts. You should make a blog about Winter, compared to fall. Cause Winter is my favorite season!

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Ill try and do that! i might need some winter inspiration though. I get kind of deep when i blog so i think i can do that :)

      Delete