My Blog List

Sunday, September 16, 2012

That awkward moment in class...


I am a very book smart person, but god did not bless me with the ability to have common sense. Last week I was sitting in US History class and we are learning about immigration and urbanization. We were discussing how many people come to the United States every day. One hundred and eighty five to be exact with you. In Mr. Fontana’s class we all have fun and don’t judge answers but answer should’ve been judged. Mr. Norris my student teacher was saying that one hundred and eighty five new American’s come every day during that time period. I respond with “That’s a lot of babies!” Everyone turns around and starts laughing. After I say the comment I realize what I’ve said. All I can do is laugh and I found it funny too! I receive the answer of “No Karlie it’s the amount of immigrants coming to the us, but that was funny!”
 I am the type of girl who doesn’t get embarrassed by these sorts of things. I just make a laugh out of it and move on. Later in class the question gets asked “how do women during this time period make money?” Well if we use what we know about these days prostitution is a way many poor women make money. So as I was applying my skills I blurt out, Prostitution! Well everyone turns around and looks at me…again! Well my answer was valid and I made it funny! That is a viable way to make money then and now days so why wouldn’t it work?  So over the last week I have learned a few things about myself. I need to try and think through what I say before I say it. One of these days I am going to say the wrong thing at the wrong time and we might have a problem.  People also need to get used to my personality which I have a feeling my teachers are used to now. I might not be super common sense smart but I sure make things fun! So give those blonde people a chance because we arent as bad as you think!

No comments:

Post a Comment