My Blog List

Monday, September 10, 2012

Mother knows best.. AGAIN!


My mother will always advise me on everything in life. It normally goes in one ear and out the other because I just don’t want to hear it. Just because I am not listening does not mean I do not absorb it because trust me I do.

Last night I had a mother knows best moment. It was about six o clock when I was getting ready to leave for work. It was a floor set night so I could wear whatever I wanted and the mall would be closed so no one would even see me. I would be getting dirty anyways so I threw on some sweats and off I went. Right before I left my mother tells me to put on some shoes that cover my feet so that if I drop something I don’t hurt my feet. Did I listen? Of course not! I put on my favorite sandals and off I went. I get to work and am assigned the redo the long sleeve shirt section in a new layout. This requires climbing up on the ladder and moving hooks around and then pulling down the ten pound shelves and replacing them. I was on a roll and doing quite well with my job. Organizing, pulling shelves down, putting them back up, then re-hanging things. I finish my job with ease after about an hour. I was surprised I had not hurt myself yet with climbing up the ladder full of shirts in hand and then the whole move this ten pound shelve thing. I talk to my boss and she has me then go help a coworker with moving the jean wall to the other side of the store (might I add was a stupid idea to switch the sides anyways, but oh well). As I am transferring the jeans and shelving again back and forth I haven’t hurt myself. I am placing the lowest level of shelving on the wall when it happens! The shelve falls out of my hand and guess where? Right smack onto my foot! You bet I cried out in pain and end up limping the rest of the night. I get home and it hurts to put bed covers on it and my mother asks what’s wrong. I then have to admit that she was right by answering the question. “Well I dropped a shelve on my toes at work and now they hurt really badly.” I look down waiting for the laughter to begin. Then I hear the ultimate question “What shoes were you wearing Karlie?” I don’t even have to respond to the question she knows I was wearing the wrong shoes. So this blog goes out to mom, for always being right (unfortunately).

No comments:

Post a Comment