My Blog List

Wednesday, January 9, 2013

Music is the story of someones life


Humans have the capability to think in abstract and amazing ways and analyze things into meanings no one could ever imagine. I feel that as women I do have the capability of over analyzing issues and reading into connections that have no significance at all. We find these dreams, fantasies, or words someone can speak to consume our minds until we figure out why.

Ever since I was a little girl I had been entwined with music. When I would become sad I would sing songs to comfort myself. When I was able to talk the notes soon came flowing out of mouth. Singing the in songs of the time or creating my own mix of emotions at the time was my specialty. As I grew older and would listen to the meaning of lyrics I could feel a connection. Music has a special impact on me. When I hear a new song come out I will dissect the meaning of the words. Either a memory will link to it, a feeling that I am experiencing, or a new tone the music can bring. I have my comfort songs, my party songs, and those sentimental ones that you can never let go. Some may believe I am ridiculous but a song can impact me so much that I will cry like a little baby. I am that girl that you see in the hallway that you believe she has headphones glued into her ears because unless I have too they don’t come out. I just cannot escape the thought of music in my life. It moves me and creates my world.

As I sit here writing my blog I am overcome with music flowing from my headphones (might I add are sparkly Ihomes). I am thinking of the music I am listening to and how It will affect my mood when I am writing. The maroon 5 playlist is going right now and I can’t help but stop and think how their life experiences can relate to mine. They are grown men who are rich and famous, but yet a teenage girl in Iowa can still experience the feelings they have felt. The artists that I choose to listen to have the message of either love or heartbreak. I will admit that sometimes rap does flow through my car but I like the soft sounds of someone’s life telling me their story. Music is like a book, you will never know what you’re getting until you actually pick it up and see what there is to offer.

No comments:

Post a Comment