My Blog List

Thursday, January 10, 2013

Happiness!


Kennedy high school show choirs are the most prestigious honor anyone can receive when you are attending Kennedy. We go through try outs and call backs, we suffer through the painstaking agony of wondering if we made it, and in the end your dreams come true.  Ever since I was a little girl I have been obsessed with show choir. I am one of the only kids that have ever started show choir in the second grade. I have had a knack for singing and dancing so why not put them together? I took the risk of trying out and I loved it.

In elementary school I was in Madison Blues, our show choir group where we would have to sing and dance for them to make it. As a second grader I made it into the group. When it was time to leave elementary school I enrolled into choir in middle school where the new round of show choir would begin. I was severely intimidated by the idea of a sixth grader trying to make a more mature group. This audition process was full of dance clinics, singing practices, and the videotaped audition. I went in and tried my best and I was one of the few sixth graders that made Regeneration. I was so excited that I was good enough to make a show choir group as a sixth grader. I continued through Regeneration every year until I transferred schools in eighth grade. I then went to Taft and I proceeded to make Kids from Taft even though I had to try out late. This was when my reign over the front row in the closer began.

As eight grade ended the new tryout rounds began. I tried out and made Chanteurs, Kennedy’s freshman show choir. Here I harnessed my skills and learned to rock the show choir world. I was once again placed front and center in the closer and rocked my way into the hearts of the audiences. The year ended and I tried out for Protégé. Protégé is hard to make and almost half of Chanteurs will not make the group. I tried my best and the list became posted that I had made it. I was ecstatic to be one of the few that made the group. Then this year approached. As you get older the groups are harder to make and the competition is fiercer. Well I ended up making it into Happiness Inc. my junior year which Is hard to do.

I am so thankful and blessed to be in one of the best groups in the country who has won Nationals and been voted as Americas Favorite Show choir.

No comments:

Post a Comment