My Blog List

Monday, January 21, 2013

Blahh..the random blog post


As I finish doing my homework today one of my all-time favorite movies comes on the screen.   Mean girls, has always captivated my attention since I was in the fourth grade. I used to think it was just a big kid movie that I was lucky to watch because it contained all of the crude language and sexual ideas that high school contained. As I grew older I began to see the meaning behind this movie and how it still reins true to the life of an average high school girl.

Now that I am closing in on the end of my high school years I watch this movie and see my own school in the movie. Our school is full of clicks of people that cannot interact together because of the “rules” that we all believe exists. We have the jocks, the cheerleaders, the plastics, the nerds, and the band geeks. Many believe in the fine line of you do not talk to the popular and so on, but I am the one who breaks the barrier. I have been the girl that hangs with the plastics and they do change you. They turned me into the bitchy girl that no one wants to be around. I am the girl that can yes dress up every day, never leave the house without makeup on, and I need to have my hair done. I am also the girl who is not afraid to talk to anyone and will always be nice no matter what.

I agree with the idea that high school is a major zoo and that we all have cat fights but the movie does push the limits of how the females interact in high school. Yes, we are mean and talk behind each other’s back but we do not find the need to degrade people so low that they won’t be feeling good about themselves. I feel that we need to have a movie to portray that girls should respect each other and not be falling into the trap of high school.

No comments:

Post a Comment