My Blog List

Tuesday, May 14, 2013

Summer


It is so hot out! I cannot stand to be outdoors when I have the sweat dripping off my body and making me pant like a dog. As I was outside today I realized that the idea behind the summer is actually brutal. We wait all year for this time of fun in the sun to arrive, but for what? To sweat for hours and crave a good drink. Then we go inside too hot to take a shower because the water is warm and so the list goes on and on.

Honestly I feel very bad for the animals in our world. They are outside continuously in the extreme conditions with no escape to the cool air inside. On top of the heat they are covered in fur in which they cannot cool down but lock in the warmth. They run around all day trying to find some cooling shelter in which they normally cannot succeed in until it is night. The beaming sun looking all amazing as we believe it does is actually  breaking us down so we cannot function.

The sun can be compared to the angel and devil on your shoulder. On one hand it is fantastic to be outside, it leads to no school, and it makes everyone genuinely happier. Along with that comes the bad side, sweating, overheated, house work, and babysitting. So why do we not long for winter or fall? We will never know but one thing I can say is summer bring it on!

No comments:

Post a Comment